You are here

"audio configuration is damaged"

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

"audio configuration is damaged"

Postby christianmurphy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 am

So I'm in the middle of arranging a song I'd just spent hours writing. Logic was playing up and crashing a bit anyway, so I was saving regularly to prevent any problems, or so I thought...

I'm switching an exs track from cellos to double bass, and I get a message saying 'audio configuration is damaged'. Closed logic, re-opened, still getting it, no matter what I try to do. It's wiped all my channel settings. All my effects/mixing I'd been doing as I went, all my software instruments, can't get any playback, and there's no longer any main output channel.

Sorry, but how is it possible to create such a colossal, track destroying cluster f*** from a simple processing task like loading a new range of samples. I've had enough of logic and it's bugs. There seems to be no solution from the digging I've done. I just wish logic was kept in some sort of hardware so I had something to smash to bits right now. This is the last straw for me and I'm gonna start making the move to pro tools. Just would be nice to get back all the work I'd spent hours on and was particularly happy with if anyone could help?

Running a 2.66GHz Intel I7 MBP, snow leopard 10.6.8 with 8GB ram. Logic 8. <Not for long.

*Random vent of frustration and anger - AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHIUFHRUIFH&(£*$FGEH( - *

Christian.
christianmurphy
Regular

Re: "audio configuration is damaged"

Postby desmond » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 am

Sounds like you may have been working in a corrupted project, perhaps for some time.

Firstly, check your backup versions, to see if you have any that can be loaded with the audio configuration intact. If one of those will load, then you can import that audio setup into an existing project in a couple of ways.

Secondly, I'd take a look at this new project and move all the content to a fresh, uncorrupted project - MIDI regions, audio regions, plugins and plugin settings etc etc.
desmond
Jedi Poster

mu:zines | music magazine archive | Latest: MT Dec 90
Needed: SOS April 1993. Can you donate your copy to complete the early SOS archive?