Craft a vintage bass guitar sound using Logic Pro X’s built-in amp modelling plug-ins.
Mixing, recording and processing a bass guitar can be a real challenge. In this month’s Logic column we’ll look at how to achieve a bass sound that recalls the legendary 1969 Ampeg SVT amp and cabinet combination.
First of all let’s start with a quick check of the bass guitar itself. It’s vital that a bass guitar is well set up before recording begins to avoid wasting hours in post-production trying to correct problems. On a new audio track check the intonation of your bass guitar using Logic’s Tuner insert plug-in. One of the easiest ways to achieve this is to tune each open string and then...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.