Sonar’s new MIDI Track Pane makes automation easy!
Although people once thought MIDI would fade into the background as digital audio recording became ever more cost-effective, virtual instruments have brought MIDI back with a vengeance. Part of that is because of the increased realism made possible by extensive use of controller data, and while Sonar had fallen behind in terms of handling controllers, two recent updates (with more to come) are all about making MIDI easier to use, particularly with regard to controller editing.
The Cakewalk Knowledge Base (www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base) has info on the updates, including which features are exclusive to specific versions, so we’ll concentrate on how these changes affect workflow. The main Track Pane flexibility comes from...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.