Get the best out of Sonar’s surprisingly powerful Sonitus Modulator plug-in.
In 2003 Cakewalk acquired the Norwegian company Ultrafunk AS, makers of the Sonitus effects pack. Today, because a lot of people listen with their eyes, they see the non-skeuomorphic interface, realise the plug-ins have been around forever, and assume that shiny new plug-ins with pretty graphics must be better. Well, not necessarily! Ultrafunk got it right, and to this day, the Sonitus plug-ins offer features that aren’t available in many other, more ‘modern’ alternatives. However, making best use of these requires some insider knowledge... hence this column.
The Sonitus Modulator has six modulation modes (Flanger, Ensemble, String Phaser, Phaser 6, Phaser 12, and Tremolo), all with a common interface. However, not all controls are available for all modes. We’ll...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.