Typically, reverb plug-ins are either simple or versatile. FabFilter claim that their Pro-R combines both virtues.
It’s more than a decade since FabFilter first grabbed the attention of the music-production world, through the innovative means of designing software filters that actually sounded good. Since then, the Amsterdam-based developers have forged an individual and very effective approach to user-interface design, and have been applying this to the core tools that mix engineers need every day.
Rather than mimicking the look and feel of vintage hardware, FabFilter’s philosophy is to embrace the new possibilities that software design opens up. Everything is tailored for mouse control, with beautifully thought-out graphical displays that offer informative feedback. What’s particularly impressive about plug-ins such as the Pro-Q 2 equaliser, Pro-C 2 compressor and Pro-MB multiband processor is the balance they strike between ease of use and...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.