We look at how audio clips can be repurposed in Ableton Live.
This month we’ll dig into a technique from the video ‘Percussify’ by Stoni in Ableton’s new One Thing series of short video tutorials (ableton.com/one-thing). It uses Beat mode Warping to bring out the percussiveness of an audio clip by shortening the transient envelopes that Warping identifies. Beyond gaining an insight into the rhythmic feel of a clip, you can use this to repurpose clips in a variety of interesting ways.
To get a feel for the basic setup, load a Session view clip slot with a rhythmic...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.