Find out how Sonar’s enhanced Matrix View can help speed up your workflow.
When Sonar introduced the Matrix View, some assumed it was just for EDM fans — but what makes the Matrix View so universally useful is its integration with the rest of the program. Two recent updates have taken this integration further (and props to Cakewalk developer John Joseph, who’s taken the lead on enhancing the Matrix View).
You can now open a cell’s audio or MIDI clip in the Loop Construction View or Step Sequencer, respectively, by doubling-clicking on the cell (or using the keyboard shortcut to call up a view, eg. select a cell with a MIDI clip and type Alt+4 to open the Step Sequencer). However, if the cell doesn’t contain Step Sequencer content but a regular...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.