A new Rack Extension, Grid64g, adds X0X-style step sequencing to Reason instruments.
While the Kong Drum Designer was introduced as a next-generation drum instrument all the way back in Reason 5, Redrum remains the go-to drum machine for many Reason users. This is probably down to its built-in X0X-style sequencer, which makes it simple and immediate to use in the Rack without always needing to use a Sequencer track. Kong, on the other hand, has incredible sound and performance capabilities but lacks the simple pattern-sequencing workflow that’s been standardised by the Push, MPC, Maschine, etc. However, a new Rack Extension, Grid64g, from developer Retouch Control goes some way to filling this gap, offering...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.