Your chance to win an amazing sE Electronics Mic Bundle, worth £1449$1656.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Shanghai-based microphone brand sE Electronics. In that time they’ve made a huge contribution to the home-recording market, making quality microphones available to the masses, and even branching out into other sectors too, including acoustics (with their Reflexion Filter range) and studio monitoring (with their Egg series).
Microphones are at the heart of what sE have always done, however, so it’s fitting that for this month’s competition they’re giving away not just one, but a whopping nine! The first seven are accounted for by the V PACK ARENA (pictured above), a complete drum-recording setup comprising a V KICK bass-drum mic, three V BEAT tom mics (plus V CLAMP mounts), a V7 X snare microphone, and a pair of sE8 condenser overheads. When we reviewed the V PACK ARENA back in SOS April 2020, we couldn’t fault it, and found it capable of producing excellent results across a range of genres.
When we reviewed the V Pack Arena in April, we couldn’t fault it, and found it capable of producing excellent results across a range of genres.
Also included in the prize is the X1 S Studio Bundle, a one-stop shop for pro-sounding studio vocals that includes an X1 S large-diaphragm capacitor mic, the sE Isolation Pack (a pro shockmount and pop filter), an RF X Reflexion Filter, plus a 3m XLR cable.
Stage vocals are covered too, by the V7 handheld dynamic mic. In the three years since its launch, the V7 (reviewed in SOS February 2017) has garnered an enviable user list and high praise from such high-profile live sound engineers as Ken ‘Pooch’ Van Druten (Linkin Park, Kid Rock), Drew Thornton (Billie Eilish) and Andy Meyer (Justin Timberlake, Madonna, RATM).
The final piece of the prize puzzle is the DM1 Dynamite in-line preamp (reviewed in SOS February 2019). Designed to connect between a mic preamp and a low-output microphone (such as a vintage ribbon or dynamic mic), the DM1 transparently adds 28dB of ‘free’ gain, all powered by your preamp’s phantom power supply.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, all you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie-breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 03 July 2020. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by sE Electronics.
More info: www.seelectronics.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter G of New Orleans, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, sE Electronics, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.