You are here

Any Shock Mount Reccomendations For Samson G Track Pro?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Any Shock Mount Reccomendations For Samson G Track Pro?

Postby VenumWolf » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Hello, I've been having some trouble finding a shock mount for my Samson G Track Pro. I recently picked up the Samson SP04 shock mount, which worked for a few minutes before dropping the microphone and refusing to screw back in. After looking at the shock mount's threads, they seem to be much shorter than any of the other mounting threads that came with the G Track Pro. Can anyone recommend shock mount that works for the G Track Pro specifically, or can anyone confirm Is it possible to mount the G Track Pro using the SPO4 shock mount? All google searches seem to point to the SP04 for mounting the G Track Pro, and reviews on the SP04 seem to be split between it G Track Pro friendly and not G Track Pro friendly.

Thanks,
-Venum
VenumWolf

Re: Any Shock Mount Reccomendations For Samson G Track Pro?

Postby sjaak123 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am

Hey there, I created an account just to put this here because I had the same problem but I found the solution:

For the Samson G Track Pro microphone, I tried the SP01 spider shockmount and it fits perfectly (link to Dutch website, but that's the one)

https://www.bax-shop.nl/shockmounts/sam ... microfoons

Hope this helps anyone looking for a shockmount for their G track pro!
sjaak123

Postby Wonks » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

It may cost a bit more than the SP-01, but I'd consider a Rycote USM shock mount, as they are about the best mounts you can get. They will isolate the mic a lot better than the elastic spider type shock mount.

https://rycote.com/microphone-windshiel ... on-studio/

The dimensions and weight of the Samson mic on the datasheet seem to include the desk stand, so you'll have to take that off and weigh the mic and measure its diameter to decide which of the USM mounts best suits your mic. It needs to fit within the specified weight limits to make sure that the suspension stiffness of the lyre is correct for good isolation, and obviously the selection needs to be of a size to accommodate the mic's diameter.

The other benefit of the mount is that it can be used with any other mic of the right weight and size, so can be kept if you upgrade your mic in future (or add to your collection).
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby John Willett » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Rycote :thumbup:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons