You are here

I have a Tascam US 20x20 interface

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

I have a Tascam US 20x20 interface

Postby helenmai » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 am

Hi
Wonder if anyone here owns this interface and tried to figure it out:
I have a Tascam US 20x20 interface, and I'd like to see how can I route the headphone jacks so I'd be able to send different mix setting to each jack. I could do these settings with older interfaces I had in the past, but here from some reason I can't find how to tweak it, I tried to find it in the user manual, no luck - any thoughts?
Thanks
helenmai

Re: I have a Tascam US 20x20 interface

Postby ef37a » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am

From the 2016 review..

"The Settings Panel is designed to be user-friendly, but inflexibility in cue-mix routing may well disappoint the more advanced user. The foldback mix follows the main control room mix, with the two headphone outs playing the very same mix. Consequently, only a single mix is possible for both foldback and the control room during recording. Trying to get around the limitation, I had the bright idea of routing inputs directly to a line output with a pre-fader send, and employing an external headphone amplifier... But since the playback/software signals don’t appear anywhere on the mixer panel, there’s no way to route playback of previously recorded material to a pre-fader send. There’s only a single way to do things, which I personally find counter-intuitive compared to my usual workflow, where the control room and monitor mix are separate."

So, unless Tascam have done a firmware update since I don't think it is possible.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Music Wolf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:48 am

I have US 16 x 08 and you basically have a single mix.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 am

I also have a 16x08 and, assuming the software is the same, the only way I got around this during a session last year was to create a separate mix in Reaper and route that to outputs 3 and four, then send them to a separate mixer/headphone amp.
Which may help if you have such a device kicking around?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...