You are here

Midas M32

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Midas M32

Postby Starplex » Thu May 28, 2020 1:33 am

I have a Midas M32 I use Logic and return it to the midas through moto112d MADI to chanels 31 & 32 but the setter fade no longer controls the sound from 31 & 32 they play back through the speakers with the master fader down how do I fix this
Starplex

Re: Midas M32

Postby zenguitar » Thu May 28, 2020 1:37 am

Welcome to the SOS forums. You posted this in the SOS Support forum which is a forum for those seeking support with the SOS website, forums, magazine, etc.

I have moved it to the Recording forum which is the correct forum.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Re: Midas M32

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu May 28, 2020 10:22 am

I have an X32 Compact but the firmware is pretty much identical to the M32, though we may have different versions. I'd start by calling up the meters page on the display and scroll through to the 'in/out' tab. That will give you some indication of where the signal is going.

The actual cause and it's resolution will almost certainly lie in the routing pages, before altering anything save the current configuration as a scene then you can alter stuff until you find the answer, reload that scene and just make the single alteration that solved the issue.

Just a thought, does the output get louder when you raise the master? It could be that the outputs driving your monitors are receiving signals from two sources, the main outputs and, say a couple of other buses or a pair of auxes that are also being fed from the madi returns. If the MF does not increase the volume then the 'Main' tab may reveal the 'Main Stereo' button not pressed.

I find that the master outputs in Reaper default to outputs 1&2 which return to my X32 via card inputs 1&2, it could be that they are active, if you mute CH31/32 does that silence the output? If not then it's getting into the mixer by another route, see the meters to find out where.

HTH
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........