You are here

No questions asked

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: No questions asked

Postby ManFromGlass » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:57 pm

I have to work until I die so it would be the computer + music software.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby James Perrett » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:48 pm

I had something like this happen to me the other week - the headblock from my Revox B77 went missing in transit after having the heads relapped. We're still fighting it out with Parcel2Go and Hermes but I was lucky to find someone with a replacement within a few days and only an hours drive away so fortunately I managed to replace it. At the moment the reel to reel recorders are in very regular use so if anything happens to one of them they need to be fixed pretty quickly.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Ironically it's creating my own signature sounds that takes all the time, so I wouldn't be too concerned about having to replace most of my keyboards, as long as I still have backups of the sounds I created for them.

However, for the same reason I would be very sorry to lose any of my DIY synths with all the mods, that allow me to create unique sounds.

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby RichardT » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:16 pm

For me it would a computer and my key software - Cubase, NI Komplete, Omnisphere and a few more. Or my Cubase dongle. I travel a bit and I often worry about leaving my dongle behind.
RichardT
Regular
Samplehound-website My last album sold over a million copies - if you don't believe me, come and look in my garage.

Previous