You are here

AMBEO

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

AMBEO

Postby nachtfahrer » Tue May 29, 2018 12:45 pm

AMBEO is a free VST-Plugin from Sennheiser. I tried it out - really not knowing if I - and in special the audience - needs it. Because stereo has so much options for a good engineer. But okay, my idea was to place the Headphone-Listener on the drummers seat. I recorded with the mics in the position I wanted them to place in that virtual room which is in case my room - so it is not virtual it is real - from drummers position. I only used ProTools and AMBEO for finalizing the mix without any more tools on the tracks or sum because I feel that AMBEO looses power by using other effects. Okay in the end the tunes Emils Home and Dream are simple, but I think, the drummers position is a nice gag. It only works with closed Headphones (Teufel Aureol is my choice and Marshall Headphones too), but in times of Headphone-first Listeners it is an interesting option. Check my soundcloud profile for listening
https://soundcloud.com/steffentrommelt

Maybe you have other ideas how to engage people for music that is below the line of charts or spotify playlists. I think that investing in high resolution and 3D Audio is one option.
Take care, thanks for new ideas, Thomas
nachtfahrer
Thomas
www.nachtfahrer.net