You are here

Plugin

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Plugin

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby MOF » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Didn’t Hank use a Watkins Copycat? at least to start with, I’m sure.

No it was a Meazzi Echomatic apparently, see below for full story, he’s used just about every echo/delay device going. :D

http://tvsspecialtyproducts.com/phone/h ... units.html
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby hasser964 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:36 am

Hey man not sure if anyone posted this, but there's an article I found that shows everything that Hank Marvin used to get his particular sound. I thought you might find it useful!

Says he used a VOX AC10, Fender Mustang GT or VOX AC30HW & a plethora of pedals.

I'd check it out here

If you're looking for guitar emulations and amps, there's a great resource that recommends some of the best vst plugins delays, amp simulations that could help you get the sound digitally!

I know Native Instruments guitar rig is awesome & the Soundtoys & Softube delays are wicked.

Anyways dude, all the best! I hope you manage to get the sound you're looking for.
hasser964
Poster

Postby djangodeadman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:19 pm

hasser964 wrote:Says he used a VOX AC10, Fender Mustang GT or VOX AC30HW & a plethora of pedals.

I'd check it out here

It says nothing of the sort.
djangodeadman
Regular

Postby CS70 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm

hasser964 wrote:Says he used a VOX AC10, Fender Mustang GT or VOX AC30HW & a plethora of pedals.

Hank Marvin... Mustang GT.. hmm..

But in fairness, all VOX AC30 of that period were hand wired

:lol:
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:24 pm

djangodeadman wrote:

I'd check it out here

It says nothing of the sort.

Quite, the article is entitled "How To Sound Like Hank Marvin" and is a guide to getting the Hank Marvin sound using present day gear not a resume of the gear Hank used on those iconic recordings.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby paul tha other » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:36 pm

guitar rig is good and could get a sound close on that..

amplitube has a fender amp sim.....i like amplitube a lot

isnt there a vst version of the line 6 helix..theres a bison echorec thang in there and a watkins emulation too .there must be a fender and a vox emulation. i think there is even a free trial..
paul tha other
Frequent Poster
http://www.myspace.com/onemanandalaptop

Postby Arpangel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:01 am

paul tha other wrote:guitar rig is good and could get a sound close on that..

amplitube has a fender amp sim.....i like amplitube a lot

isnt there a vst version of the line 6 helix..theres a bison echorec thang in there and a watkins emulation too .there must be a fender and a vox emulation. i think there is even a free trial..

I think the Alesis Quadraverb could be loaded with a bank of sounds called "Echos Of The Past" that had Hank simulations among them
But TBQH, that sound could be got with many things, it’s a simple sound, the playing style and the way the Shadows wrote their pieces was optimised to take advantage, and show off that sound.
Guitar Rig? I’ve got that, never liked it, always thought the effects are really naff.

:think:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Kwackman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:34 am

Arpangel wrote:I think the Alesis Quadraverb could be loaded with a bank of sounds called "Echos Of The Past" that had Hank simulations among them

I think the Quadraberb GT had that, but I could be wrong.

Arpangel wrote:Guitar Rig? I’ve got that, never liked it, always thought the effects are really naff.
I downloaded the demo of Guitar Rig last week, and thought it sounded great. I like the FX. I was playing guitar through it rather than a synth. For me it sounded good and was an easy interface to use. I ended up buying the full version.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby zenguitar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:46 am

Echoes of the Past were a company that created a set of Hank sound banks. They sold Quadraverbs pre-programmed with those sound banks. I seem to recall that they later went through the same process with different FX units, but it was a long time ago.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Previous