You are here

Krackle Killers™ - cleaning plugs for ¼” audio and musical instrument sockets

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Re: Krackle Killers™ - cleaning plugs for ¼” audio and musical instrument sockets

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 pm

If Krackle Killers takes off (and despite a few mixed comments on this thread I'm pretty sure the majority here think it a great idea), it might be worth making a version to clean the contacts inside mains distribution boards.

When they are unplugged of course!

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: Krackle Killers™ - cleaning plugs for ¼” audio and musical instrument sockets

Postby ConcertinaChap » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Having just come to this thread and read through it I have to say "Kracklekillers"* is coming over as a good responsive bloke. More power to your elbow!

CC

* 'Spoze it's too late to spell Krackle with a C ...
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby James Perrett » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Martin Walker wrote: it might be worth making a version to clean the contacts inside mains distribution boards.

When they are unplugged of course!

While the jack cleaners look a good idea and I could use something similar for phono sockets right now, I don't think I've ever come across an intermittent distribution board that wasn't at the end of its life. Usually the contacts lose their springiness rather than tarnishing.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Your discount code does NOT work .
Brian Thomas

Postby zenguitar » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:20 am

KrackleKillers wrote:The discount offer runs until the 19th of February, 2020.
Krackle Killers Inc.
This explains why the code is no longer working.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby KrackleKillers » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:29 am

Brian Thomas wrote:Your discount code does NOT work .

Hi Brian, if you check my original post above, I said when announcing the discount that "The discount offer runs until the 19th of February, 2020."

Today is the 21st. Therefore the offer expired two days ago.

I see from my orders that you ordered two packets six hours ago.

If you'd like, I'll cancel your current order. For your sake, I've extended the discount offer (using the same coupon code - 9S5HV3B8) to end on the 31st of March. Then you can re-order and get the discount. Let me know if you want to do this.

On a related subject, the shipments come via a fulfilment house in Shenzhen, China. As I'm sure you know from the news, all sorts of shipments from China are disrupted at the moment due to government policies during the Coronavirus epidemic in Hubei.

I've been told that my particular shipper is in the "wrong" part of Shenzhen (businesses are now open in every other part of the city except for the districts near the airport), so they're not allowed to reopen their facility yet. Therefore, there'll be a slight delay before they start shipping back orders.

Thanks very much for your interest in Krackle Killers.
KrackleKillers
New here

Previous