You are here

Best Midi Controller for Logic Pro X

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Re: Best Midi Controller for Logic Pro X

Postby desmond » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:46 pm

So, I just had a look at this, and the options are (unfortunately) rather limited.

The new feature lets you change the MIDI messages the 8 knobs send when you put the keyboard into MIDI Mode, it lets you change the MIDI channel the keys send on, and lets you change the MIDI message the pedal sends... and that's it.

I was hoping for the ability to redefine most of the buttons on the keyboard and use them for other purposes in this mode, but this is not possible. Basically, you'd switch the MIDI Mode to use the 8 knobs for your own assignments, or use them to temporarily learn something to them to control, but that's about all you can do with it.

(At least the new firmware version finally fixes the poor pitch/mod wheels performance, so that's a plus...)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Best Midi Controller for Logic Pro X

Postby Ylan Sthlm » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:20 pm

I found a Nektar Panorama T6, refurbished, at a good price. And bought it.

I really like the keybed, and it seems to be working good with Logic. I have to learn though, I got it today. I really like the seemlessness between Nektarine, and the native plugins.

Humbly, Ylan
Ylan Sthlm
Poster

Previous