You are here

Mainstage assigning midi hardware

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Mainstage assigning midi hardware

Postby Reuben Anstey » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi,

I'm enhancing a small pipe organ with the addition of a few electronic organ stops which I have sampled myself, having added midi to the organ's switching system. I'm using MainStage for sample playback. I figured the best way of controlling the stops would be to use a single patch within the concert, layer up the different electronic stops using one channel strip with an instance of the sampler plug in per stop, and map the hardware to screen controls which would be assigned to the solo buttons to switch them on/off.

So far for screen controls I've allocated one button per stop in layout mode, and as a start I've managed to assign one stop unit to a button screen control, but when switching to edit mode that button button does not operate. Additionally, in edit mode, I've managed to map the solo button parameter to the screen control, but when I try to map the hardware from the 'assign and map' button....that does not work.

I'd appreciate any help.....yes I have read the MainStage manual on hardware assignments, but to no avail.

Many thanks!
Reuben Anstey
Poster

Re: Mainstage assigning midi hardware

Postby DTB » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 pm

I'd post your enquiry on the Facebook MainStage users group - v helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/applema ... rogramming
DTB
New here

Re: Mainstage assigning midi hardware

Postby Reuben Anstey » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:07 am

Many thanks for your quick reply....good advice.....only I'm not on Facebook. Sorry!

(Irrelevancy: I do use WhatsApp)
Reuben Anstey
Poster