You are here

Pedal of the week.

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pedal of the week.

Postby garrettendi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:02 am

I've been fighting the urge to buy more pedals. I have no more space on my pedalboard, and I still think "Could I squeeze one of those micro pedals in that tiny gap?".

Got my eye on a Mooer Ultra Drive
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)
You don't need reverb, just stack two EQs together with a really long cable

Postby Arpangel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:12 am

garrettendi wrote:I've been fighting the urge to buy more pedals. I have no more space on my pedalboard, and I still think "Could I squeeze one of those micro pedals in that tiny gap?".

I’ve just unintendly ended up with more space in my place, so I’ve got more than enough space for more stuff, space cries out to be filled up, but when it’s filled up I want to empty it.

:think:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Agharta » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:35 pm

If you have a H9 Max, Eventide are currently giving away a license for the H9 Series Plugin Bundle which contains 11 plugins.
Doesn't matter if you bought it new or second hand, as long as it is registered to your account.
The bundle has some good stuff in there and lists at $500.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby Luke W » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:54 pm

garrettendi wrote:I've been fighting the urge to buy more pedals. I have no more space on my pedalboard, and I still think "Could I squeeze one of those micro pedals in that tiny gap?".

Had a similar question a few years ago, it fitted! Where there's a will...

Luke W
Frequent Poster
Studio - Techical Audio Services - Bespoke Construction

Postby Watchmaker » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Luke,how do you like the T Rex Soulmate?
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Agharta wrote:If you have a H9 Max, Eventide are currently giving away a license for the H9 Series Plugin Bundle which contains 11 plugins.
Doesn't matter if you bought it new or second hand, as long as it is registered to your account.
The bundle has some good stuff in there and lists at $500.

I am so tempted by the H9, I've nearly bought one on several occasions then I look at it's limitations and decide 'no, to not for me'... If it could string two or, preferably (or more) three virtual pedals together in a singe patch it would be brilliant but it only does a single virtual pedal at a time (admittedly some of them are, effectively two VPs but not many and not particularly useful ones for me). :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby garrettendi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Luke W wrote:Had a similar question a few years ago, it fitted! Where there's a will...

I really wish I hadn't seen that! Now I really want to chance it. I'd have to squeeze it before the tuner pedal though as that's the only space I have left!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby BillB » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:25 pm

Luke W wrote:
Had a similar question a few years ago, it fitted! Where there's a will...

Luke, that's a very tidy rig. As a non-gigging (non-) guitarist who has never had to deal with the issues of putting a board together, it would be interesting to know your signal flow and what the different bits are doing here - when you have time :D
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby Luke W » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Watchmaker wrote:Luke,how do you like the T Rex Soulmate?

It's not a bad bit of kit, not the most exciting thing on the planet but to give it credit it's done exactly what I wanted from it. I was in the middle of building (and still gathering parts for) a rack effects rig and then all of a sudden a band situation changed and I'd got some gigs on the electric guitar coming up, and there was no way I'd have my rig built in time. I only wanted a bit of drive, a basic delay and reverb and the Soulmate was well priced at the time and seemed a better option that buying separate pedals for everything.

The separate sections are all fairly basic, but sound good and offer enough to be useful. What really sold it for me was the fact you can save presets as well as use it like four individual stomp boxes, and the I/O loop lets you seperate the overdrive and distortion from the reverb and delay.

garrettendi wrote:I really wish I hadn't seen that! Now I really want to chance it. I'd have to squeeze it before the tuner pedal though as that's the only space I have left!

Sorry about that :D
Luke W
Frequent Poster

Postby Luke W » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:37 pm

BillB wrote:Luke, that's a very tidy rig. As a non-gigging (non-) guitarist who has never had to deal with the issues of putting a board together, it would be interesting to know your signal flow and what the different bits are doing here - when you have time :D

Just spotted this. Thank you!

No problem at all, I can send something over to you a bit later on via PM rather than derail this thread with it :thumbup:
Luke W
Frequent Poster

Postby BillB » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Aw, thanks - but I doubt I would be alone in being interested and it would be pretty well on-topic. Especially if you said which one was your pedal of the week :D
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby garrettendi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Here's my pedalboard:

I'm thinking if I used flat patch cables, I could squeeze the Ultra Drive in between the BOSS DD-20 and the Morley Bad Horsie, and have it go from the Morley, into the Ultra Drive, then into the BOSS TU-3 tuner. I know you're not supposed to put drives into tuners but I'm not even sure it'll fit into that space to start with
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:02 pm

:thumbup: An evocative picture - how about some audio to let us hear what you can do with it!? :clap:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby garrettendi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:04 pm

The Elf wrote::thumbup: An evocative picture - how about some audio to let us hear what you can do with it!? :clap:

Me or Luke?
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Wonks » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:15 pm

A lot of those pedals you could replace with much smaller mini pedals and give yourself more room.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

PreviousNext