1. Fire up the RD-8 and connect it to the PC
2. Run synth tool and it should show the RD-8 and you can click on [Get Started]
3. Click on update (on mine the update page came up automatically)
4. Turn off the RD-8 and turn back on but with a pin or an item on similar size to hold down the DFU mode button in the hole next to the USB port
5. Once powered up RD-8 should look "dead" and synth tool should start updating
6. one the update has transferred the display on the RD-8 should display "wait"
7. "wait" will disappear from the display and the RD-8 will automatically reboot finshing the update process.
RD-8 Firmware Release Notes wrote:Behringer RD-8 Firmware Version 2.0.2 (23 Oct 2020)
1. All MIDI, USB and SYNC Issues fixed.
1. Synthtool support. (right click on a step cell in the sequencer page for more step options).
2. Pattern length, step on/off will be saved automatically when programmed in RECORD mode.
3. Trigger/play sound by pressing corresponding voice button. With TAP/HOLD button held the voice will be triggered with accent on.
4. Note repeat real time recording (press TRIGGER with note repeat enabled when in STEP recording). Removing step will remove note repeat.
5. In PATTERN mode, copy currently selected pattern to other locations by holding COPY then pressing the STEP button of the destination you want.
6. In STEP MODE, copy page 1 (1-16), page 2 (17-32), page 3 (33-48) or page 4 (49-64) to other pages: 1) Press LENGTH to enter pattern length setting. 2) select a page using arrows and press COPY, 3) select another page then press SAVE. This is will be automatically saved to the pattern.
7. TRIGGER ASSIGN setting (press SETTINGS, holding TAP/HOLD then press STEP 7 to enter the settings menu, press TAP/HOLD to switch between trigger assign 1 and 2). Select any voice as trigger (solid Light when selected). Accent is tied to trigger 3
8. PROB and FLAM set to off as default, set tempo, swing and step size PREFS to pattern as default.
9. Screen dim level adjust (holding TAP/HOLD then turn DATA knob).
10. Hold TAP/HOLD and press MUTE or SOLO to clear all mutes or solos.