You are here

Need Help With Patch

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Need Help With Patch

Postby mikemike1191 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:40 am

I can’t figure out this patch or the notation.

All I can tell is that the producer uses glide, but I can even figure out what wave form the oscillator is on.
Any help would be appreciated. I’ve tried adjusting the glide and using a pitch envelope but nothing comes close

This patch is at 1:05

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qOR-ADHJ_M8

This is the song. I think I’ve actually posted this here but about a different patch.
mikemike1191
Poster

Re: Need Help With Patch

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 am

The link you provided simply displays "Video Unavailable" here in the UK. However, rolling with it I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzZDhb-w3Fw

That said, I can't distinguish anything new in the mix at 1:05 so you'll have to be more specific about what exactly you're trying to figure out.

If you mean the high-pitched synth lead that comes in at 1:00 then that sounds like a lead with a square-wave oscillator, the amplitude modulated with a saw-tooth LFO. Or something along those lines (experiment with different LFO waveforms).
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby mikemike1191 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:58 am

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I hear the high pitched sound but it’s the low pitched pad type sound that comes after that I’m trying to figure out.

Sorry that the video is unavailable in the UK.

And also thank you for the feedback on the lead
mikemike1191
Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:05 am

I've had another listen and I have to confess I have no idea what sound you mean. There is a simple low-pass filtered square-wave-ish one (possibly with a hint of a second saw or triangle oscillator) that comes in at 0:58 but where you're getting 1:05 from I have no idea :?:

Also, by way of well-meant feedback, if you re-read your original post, how on earth were we supposed to know which sound you were referring to? ;)

As an afterthought, it's a bass rumble. There are any number of bass rumbles to be found in the preset banks of most synths (virtual or otherwise). Bear in mind that the final production on the track may have added EQ, compression or other massaging to the overall mix which may have affected the sound somewhat. But it's a warm bass rumble, so on whatever gear you have start with a square wave oscillator and a low-pass filter, roll off the top a bit and experiment with a secondary saw-tooth or triangular oscillator ... at least as a starting point.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby mikemike1191 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:31 am

Okay. Bass rumble, thank you!
mikemike1191
Poster