You are here

DBX DRIVERACK 260 vs BEHRINGER DCX2496

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

DBX DRIVERACK 260 vs BEHRINGER DCX2496

Postby platinumsteel » Mon May 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi i would like to purchase any 2 of these items..Preferably the Behringer because of it's affordable price tag.Can anyone here tell me the major differences between these two units?Are they any advantages and disadvantages of purchasing either 1?To be honest I would like to know if the behringer would perform the same tasks as the dbx driverack 260..cause i notice a lot of djs over here locally using the dbx 260...But if the behringer or any other loudspeaker management system u can recommend performs the same tasks and it performs exceptionally well I think I would go with behringer...Your help will be greatly appreciated..thanks.
platinumsteel

Re: DBX DRIVERACK 260 vs BEHRINGER DCX2496

Postby TSH-Tim » Mon May 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello & welcome :)

If you use the search button your find this has only just been discussed on here (dont even bother with the DBX)

Good luck :)
TSH-Tim
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Bickerton » Mon May 30, 2011 9:59 pm

TSH-Tim wrote:Hello & welcome :)

If you use the search button your find this has only just been discussed on here (dont even bother with the DBX)

Good luck :)

Err at least the DBX will work once its plugged in - Behringer stuff is horribly unreliable.

I've owned both and DBX is fine unless you want something more esoteric and expensive.

Perhaps if you describe your intended use, you'll get more suggestions.

Bob
Bob Bickerton
Jedi Poster
http://www.bickerton.co.nz

Postby shufflebeat » Mon May 30, 2011 10:33 pm

I've heard a few people saying they don't like the Driveracks but I'm still very happy with my DRPA. I've taken advice about it's one glaring fault which more recent models don't suffer from (search the forum for DRPA).

I'm double wary of Behringer stuff for the reason Bob mentions and notice all user reviews for the DCX2496 seem to be by DJ suppliers which often means (no offence intended) that they're buying it because their mates have one.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby capricornsound » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:33 am

Most of the slagging of Behringer's quality/reliability comes from experience with really old product. Since the merger with Midas, TC, etc., the quality level has come up to equal or better than anything near in price. I'm happier to find an X32 over the Yamaha LS9, M7, Allen&Heath Q series, etc as the X32 sounds better, is easier to operate and has better effects on board. As for reliability, I've never seen a bad X32, including the one I used to mix on that got doused with several gallons of rainwater when a tent failed in a torrential downpour. We shut the console off, opened it up and dried it out out completely. When we turned it back on, it worked fine, the only issue being an inch wide strip of the LED screen that went all white. Since I had an iPad connected, it was barely an inconvenience and that console was still working fine over 2 years later when I left the band. FWIW, my live sound experience covers everything from 100 seat jazz clubs to 12,000 seat arenas with headline acts.
capricornsound

Postby zenguitar » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 am

welcome to the SOS forums.

You have posted in a topic that is 9 years old and is clearly discussing Behringer gear from that period. For many years now the consensus of opinion here is that things have moved on and B have significantly raised their game (for the reasons you mention among others) and their mixers and synths in particular are getting a lot of love.

However, for the traditionalists among us, Behringer have ensured that their DI boxes remain a justifiable subject of derision.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
The more I understand Music, the less good I get at it.

Postby shufflebeat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 am

V droll.

:)
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.