You are here

OP-X PRO-II vst

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

OP-X PRO-II vst

Postby Dinaiz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm a bit puzzled ! I just tried OP-X PRO-II by sonic projects and I find it totally amazing. However it's not much talked about. I couldn't find one single mention on this site for example, so I had to do my dutty and advertise a bit :)

This vst is supposed to emulate the classic Oberheim OB-X, but actually does much more.

I think that's the only VST I ever tried (and I tried quite a few) which sounds "analog". It's explained on their website how they achieved it, and the results are pretty convincing to the ear. Also I find the presets to be very good (plus : just for fun, you have a whole bank of presets with famous songs synth presets :) ).

On the downside, there's no mac version (though apparently you can also use it as a NI reaktor patch), the interface feels cluttered, and there's no way you can program it without reading the manual...

Well, it's probably one of the most underrated synths out there, so go and try it ! You'll be amazed (there's a demo version on their site and plenty of media)
Dinaiz

Re: OP-X PRO-II vst

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Dinaiz, and welcome to the SOS FOrums! 8-)

Thanks for the heads up too - I haven’t come across that one before, but will now take a look.

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: OP-X PRO-II vst

Postby Chaconne » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I'll second this. I only came across is accidently, a very nice classic emulation. Not perfect when compared to real instruments, but no less competent than any other big hitters in this regard.

Given how loved Oberheim was / is, it is amazing that this thing is not more known about. Actually thats quite a good thing if you want some different flavours to everyone else.
Chaconne
Frequent Poster