You are here

Quick review of DB Technologies B-hype 10 Active PA-speakers

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Quick review of DB Technologies B-hype 10 Active PA-speakers

Postby djmasa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi!
I just wanted to write a quick review of these relatively new PA-speakers because I couldn’t find that many user reviews on Google yet.

So I bought a pair yesterday and put them to the ultimate test on a gig last night. But first let’s have a look at the specs etc.

The B-hype 10 has a 10” woofer and a 1” tweeter. Power features 130W RMS and 260W peak. Weight is 9kg. Frequency range: 55 - 20,000 Hz.
Price: 180-200 euros or 200-225 usd.

I was looking for a smaller pair of speakers that I could use on smaller venues and save me some effort and space without having to carry my larger set every time. I do mobile DJ gigs and travel with a Prius so space can be limited. B-hypes got my attention because of the incredibly low price tag.

So how did they do? At first I was a little worried about the low power features of these speakers, but they managed to prove me wrong. They have a nice crisp sound and they were well loud enough for a party of 60 people and to fill a 100m2 space. I never hit the limiter during the night.

One thing I noticed straight away was that they do lack the bass a bit, so I ended up adding a small subwoofer in the set. This wasn’t a big surprise as they are not that large speakers. After this the sound was more balanced. They would do good even without a sub if I was only playing on the background without the party element. I ended up using the “boost” build-in eq to give me a little bit of treble and bass. And boy they are light! Saved me a lot of back ache.

So overall I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend these to a lower budget small venue speaker set. The quality you get for the money is very good. However I do recommend to accompany them with a sub most of the times.

+Price
+Design
+Crisp and natural sound
+Light
+Can be used horizontally as a monitor

-Bass not that deep
-No EQ except the boost-button
-Potentially too low power for a party of more than 80 people

4/5

Hopefully this helps someone. Please ask if you need some more info on these!

Cheers!

-DJ Masa
Helsinki, Finland
djmasa