The Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones were released in 2016 and have received lots of praise from people on the net. I have used the Beyerdynamic 990's for a while and I still like them. With this review, instead of providing a detailed review of these headphones, I will just outline some of the updates of the 1990's over the 990's.
1. They have a gold jack that has a 3 pin connector to the headphones unlike the 990's which is just fixed into the headphones. So if you ever need to replace the cable, with the 990's you cannot like the 1990's. The 1990's also include a straight and coiled cable so depending on your choice, you can use either one.
2. The construction is very good and solid and comfortable for a long period of time.
3. You have the choice between two pads. The fun ones which have a little more bass similar to the 990's or the analytical pads which has good bass but just not as emphasized. I recommend going to Youtube and do a search on replacing the earpads on the Beyerdynamics. There is a open slot on the top of the headphones you have to start with on putting new pads on and then turning. Without seeing the video, it would be hard to figure out.
4. The mid's are more forward than the 990's so you can hear the details of the busy section of music better.
5. The high's are boosted at 8k and they sound too bright at first. Play loud music on them for 24 hours and will help reduce some of that brightness.
6. These headphones have Tesla technology to thank for its balanced sound profile – combining high levels of efficiency with distortion-free sound reproduction across all signal levels.
These headphones costs a little more money than some of the cheaper ones, but they are still under $599 and they are very enjoyable headphones that I recommend for mixing and mastering. :clap: