You are here

Portrait photography

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Re: Portrait photography

Postby garrettendi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Alba wrote:I was talking to an acquaintance a couple of months ago in the pub. He's a bit of a local character in this small old market town where i live. When i first moved here i met him because he's a guitarist, a bit handy too. Now he's a writer and has published loads of books of stories using the local, very old established buildings as sort of literary backdrops. Its a famous town and he doesn't do too badly actually, local bookshops to the tourists and local history enthusiasts. He's in the museum etc.

Anyway, when i met him recently i asked him if he fancied a jam, get the acoustic guitars out and have a bash. He told me that he's pretty much given it up now.

He was saying how the FB generation would take videos and pictures of him, post them on FB and then all royally take the piss out of him. Not to his face when he was playing outside, but later, in the safe surroundings of their own homes.

He seemed heartbroken about it. He's a really nice bloke. Now when he walks around town he doesn't know who is sneering at him behind his back and who's a real friend.

Poor old sod.

That sounds horrible. I think everyone has experienced that kind of thing but very rarely to that degree. I hope eventually he'll be up for playing again. It's a real shame that others have forced him to give up something he loved.

For what it's worth, I have nothing bad to say about the photo or the contents, just remarking that it's a lot of foam!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
Despite my post count, I know nothing. Think of me as the court jester!

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:55 pm

They had gone over the top... :lol:

My advice is to treat the mirror points and install decent bass trapping in the corners because those are always essentials... but once that's done you need to have a critical listen to see if the room needs further broadband absorbers, or some diffusion, or some more attention to bass trapping, or combinations of all the above. But it's rare to need more than about 35% of the walls covered with broadband absorbers in most cases...
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby CS70 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 pm

BJG145 wrote:Now come on, I love SOS, but I wouldn't post this on FB let alone publish it in a magazine.

?

It's a picture of two blokes using some gear, can't see the problem with it at all?
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Previous