You are here

Come on... show us your sites...

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Come on... show us your sites...

Postby Rob C » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 pm

Please do. You've got nothing to lose... I'm not worried if you throw them in the bin. :lol:
Rob C
Regular

Postby slatepipe » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:11 pm

please be having a look at www.slatepipe.co.uk.
theres a 15 minute krautrock kind of thing to download in the popup window on the enter page which we made from scratch and performed live in a week. then if you look in the downloads section theres plenty of stuff to listen to which has been done either with an old tascam 4 track, a roland vs840 and a regular pc.
have a look and a listen and let me know what you think
x
slatepipe
New here

Postby forumuser637535 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:52 pm

wwooooo! out there, but a nice site nonetheless. A real touch of the being slightly odd being about it.
I think it's affecting me...

I couldn't dig the music, but then I'm quite a mainstream kind of guy, and this stuff is so far from the mainstream the drinking water probably costs about £50 a bottle.
forumuser637535
Regular

Postby Rob C » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:26 pm

Dude, your link has a stray full stop (period) at the end. But I like the site, very good.
Rob C
Regular

Postby GlynB » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:57 pm

slatepipe wrote:please be having a look at www.slatepipe.co.uk.
theres a 15 minute krautrock kind of thing to download in the popup window on the enter page which we made from scratch and performed live in a week. then if you look in the downloads section theres plenty of stuff to listen to which has been done either with an old tascam 4 track, a roland vs840 and a regular pc.
have a look and a listen and let me know what you think
x

Didn't listen, at work, but the site looks good. Nice balance of cleverness of design, without losing the obvious, ie links to information which is what a site exists for. Good job.
GlynB
Regular

Postby Temp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:49 pm

Been working on this for the last few months...

standalone

Temp
Regular
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" Anne Frank

Postby slatepipe » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:59 pm

thanks for the nice comments fellers. i'll get a bit of updating done soonish
slatepipe
New here

Postby forumuser637535 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:39 am

is that one from "temp" a spam?

Didn't like that thing in the signature, so I've adblocked it.
Not the best place to first-post I would have said. But I will stand humbly corrected if I see the person's post count go up.
forumuser637535
Regular

Postby Temp » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:46 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood the thread's purpose, but I understood it to be a place where you showcased music communities/artist websites that you're working on:

"I know a lot of forum regulars have got music sites... here's your opportunity to whack them up and tell us what you're doing... don't be shy..."

I just wanted to embed a little Flash in my post seeing that the feature was there - being Active X, this may have prompted your browser agent to throw an alert up (Gregster). I'm no stranger to spam, and being a webworker I have to face that crap every day. Thumbs up for your vigilance though.

Anyway, visit addasong.com if you get a chance and sign up if you're in need of yet another platform for your original music - I've worked my proverbial a** off on this site and I'm trying to get more artists on there. I guess its virtual base is in Medway, Kent - where I am - but we have artists from all over the place. It's been lovingly hand-coded by yours truly and has NO commercial links or ads whatsoever.

I'm also in the habit of upping people's space, features and bandwidth if they simply log-in from time to time and upload their music - a gift for simply participating. The site does have inbuilt IRSC coding and Paypal option for those that wish to sell their musical wares. When DRM and the UK Internet music infrastructure has settled I'll think about doing a proper launch with serious features such as integration with the official download charts, licensing protocols and other emergent music-based web technologies.

And when I get some more capital of course.

Cheers.
Temp
Regular
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" Anne Frank

Postby davesz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:54 pm

Yes, music production came to a stop for a few weeks whilst I got to grips with putting this together...anyway, there's free mp3s and video clips as well as info on our maximum ear-wiggle technology for your entertainment on the site below.

Strangefates.com Image
davesz

Postby Rob C » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:08 am

Yep, that's what it's about. Greg's just being cautious... we do get the usual spam here, but's there's a world of difference between your stuff and say CokeMusic.

I like the site. You've done a good job with what is a rather over-done genre. The world probably doesn't need another CokeMusic but more artist-driven download sites can't be a bad thing.

I'd suggest the trick is getting a coherent vibe going with your artists and visitors... people don't want the 'record shop' experience, they want the club or small label experience. But good luck with the whole thing...

ISRCs and all that tend to come up in the music biz forum. You might get some interest for that facility there.
Rob C
Regular

Postby PWGLE » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:36 pm

I was very impressed with the design, my personally opionion would be its a little cluttered, but its a nice piece of design...

Good luck with it all! :)
PWGLE
Regular

Postby forumuser637535 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:46 pm

*gregster* wrote:is that one from "temp" a spam?

Didn't like that thing in the signature, so I've adblocked it.
Not the best place to first-post I would have said. But I will stand humbly corrected if I see the person's post count go up.

/retracted. welcome temp!
g
forumuser637535
Regular

Postby PWGLE » Tue May 03, 2005 10:16 pm

started redesigning my site (how often do I do this!?)

the idea is that the rooms will have objects, and as you move the mouse u get infomation for the object below the room, so if you want to access your files you click on the filing cabinet....

still designing it at the moment... its either gonna work or suck...
its taking time to do it all in piant tho!

www.msweb.co.uk
PWGLE
Regular

Postby OD23 » Wed May 04, 2005 12:23 am

Well, I just redesigned my site - it's from a template, but to be fair I've made quite a few changes...

o
OD23
Regular

PreviousNext