Your chance to win one of eight prizes of an award-winning Aston Element microphone!
British microphone brand Aston were only founded in 2015, but in that short space of time they’ve shown themselves to be a highly innovative company. Their debut mic, the Origin, pioneered a spring-like basket construction, designed to minimise HF resonances and provide shock protection to the capsule, while their Starlight small-diaphragm model was the first-ever microphone to be fitted with a laser, for quick and repeatable microphone positioning.
More recently, Aston have branched out into dynamic designs, with the remarkably versatile Stealth (which featured a range of different voicing options) and their new Element, which was created with the help of a hugely ambitious multi-stage blind listening test, in which thousands of members of the public took part. Essentially, Aston put a prototype of the Element up against a number of market-leading microphones, and then asked the public which mic sounded best, across a range of sources. This process was repeated several times, with Aston refining the mic’s frequency response with each iteration, before finally settling on a design that outperformed all of the competition.
The results were impressive, as we discovered in our review of the Element in November last year (see https://sosm.ag/aston-element). SOS Executive Editor Paul White found the Element did a fantastic job on everything he put it up against, and also that the Element’s unusually extended HF meant it provided a similar ‘airy’ quality to his go-to capacitor mics, but without the brittle harshness that SDCs often exhibit. That it comes with an integrated pop filter and shockmount is just the icing on the cake!
SOS Executive Editor Paul White found the Element did a fantastic job on everything he put it up against...
For this competition, Aston are kindly giving away not just one, but a whopping eight Aston Element microphones, one each to eight lucky winners.
To be in with a chance of winning this fabulous prize, just answer the questions on the right, add your tie-breaker and submit one entry by Friday 7th May 2021. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Aston Microphones and Yorkville.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Andy B of Berlin, Germany.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Aston Microphones, Yorkville, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winner(s) name and county/state will be made available upon request.