Sample Logic are offering you the chance to win a complete collection of all of their software instruments (worth over $2000).
Founded in 2006, Sample Logic have won numerous awards for their innovative software products, which harness serious scripting know-how in Native Instruments’ Kontakt engine to create powerful, versatile and responsive instruments. Their mission is to develop cutting-edge digital tools for composers, musicians, producers, sound designers and DJs of all genres, with a particular focus on applying sound-design techniques in music production. To that end, they’ve produced a huge number of instruments — and, along the way, have developed new and creative sample manipulation techniques such as their multi-core sampling engine, Step & FX animators, and X/Y mixer design.
For this month’s exclusive SOS competition, Sample Logic are offering you the chance to win a complete collection of all of their software instruments, worth over $2000 in total! The collection is extensive, and covers a huge range of sounds, instruments and composer briefs.
To pick just a few highlights, there’s Guitar Fury, a huge instrument comprising 43GB of samples, all based on performances by guitar virtuoso Steve Ouimette (who was interviewed in SOS July 2020). It’s not ‘just’ a software guitar instrument, however: for Guitar Fury, Sample Logic combined their extensive knowledge of Kontakt scripting with creative use of effects to create a cinematic-style instrument that “blurs the line between music and sound design”. So, in addition to classic guitar tones, you get a huge array of modern, almost synth-like sounds that you may not even recognise as coming from a guitar at all.
The Drum Fury library takes the same approach to percussion, encompassing everything from Western drum kit elements to the Japanese taiko, while Electro City abandons acoustic sounds altogether, instead cramming over 1800 presets into an easy-to-use instrument that combines advanced loop manipulation with an extensive effects engine, and is suitable for all kinds of electronic genres, from techno to dubstep and industrial.
For film and TV composers on a deadline, Trailer Xpressions III aims to take all the pain out of scoring trailers, with a huge selection of construction kits plus over 1000 playable samples, covering ambient soundscapes, drones, atmospheres, one-shot hits, and more.
We’re back on more traditional territory with Symphonic AI, but only just! Though this instrument uses the rich palette of the orchestra as its foundation, it employs a step-based animation system to turn its multisampled strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion into a rhythmic feast, once again straddling the line between traditional composition and avant-garde sound design.
And that’s just the beginning! With the complete Sample Logic collection, you’ll have literally thousands of hours of broadcast-friendly and release-ready music at your fingertips.
Sample Logic have won numerous awards for their innovative software instruments, which take the ubiquitous Native Instruments Kontakt engine and apply some serious scripting know-how to create powerful, versatile and responsive instruments.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this superb collection of software instruments, simply answer the questions on the right, dream up a tiebreaker, and submit your entry by Friday 04 February 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Sample Logic.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Tony B of Paris, France.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Sample Logic, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.