Enter today for your chance to win this superb Cranborne Audio EC1 Preamp and CAST System, worth £1100$1030.
Great recordings start with great preamps — and Cranborne Audio know how to make them! Cranborne’s acclaimed Camden EC1 preamp offers all the gain you could ever need, alongside indispensible utilities such as phantom power, polarity inversion, a high‑pass filter, and line‑boosting and instrument‑DI options. It also offers a few unique features, such as the company’s proprietary Mojo circuitry, for imparting a little vintage-style saturation to your signal.
But recordings require more than just a high‑quality input chain. The engineer needs to be able to hear what they are capturing, and the musicians need to hear their performance. The EC1 tackles both problems simultaneously by incorporating an innovative analogue multicore system called CAST. Essentially, this makes use of standard Cat5e, Cat6 or Cat7 network cables to pipe up to four channels of balanced audio simultaneously, eliminating the need for bulky snakes. Round the back of the EC1 is a network port, which not only sends the preamp’s output on to your recording system, but can also distribute it to your control-room monitors and artist foldback mix, while also sending your DAW’s output back to the preamp’s front-panel headphone out.
The result is a neat and tidy way of making sure your recordings can be heard where they need to be, and the winner of this month’s exclusive SOS competition will receive not only an EC1 preamp, but also an N8 distribution hub, an N22H two-channel CAST-compatible headphone amp, and an N22 CAST‑to‑XLR I/O converter. With this fantastic prize combo, you’ll never again be left wanting for foldback or monitoring options when capturing your musical magic.
Cranborne’s acclaimed Camden EC1 preamp offers all the gain you could ever need...
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this Cranborne Audio EC1 & CAST bundle, simply answer the questions by Friday 4th November 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Cranborne Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Armando G, Italy.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Cranborne Audio, KMR Audio, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.