DPA Microphones are giving two SOS readers the chance to win an amazing 2028 vocal microphone (each prize worth £540).
Looking for a vocal mic that captures true sound, so it sounds like you’re standing right next to the artist during their performance? Look no further. The DPA 2028 vocal microphone is a flexible handheld mic, which captures transparent, fantastic vocals whether in the studio or on the stage. For this month’s exclusive SOS online competition, two lucky winners will each win a 2028 vocal microphone, worth £540 each!
Like all DPA mics, the 2028 vocal microphone combines amazing sound quality, exceptional consistency and outstanding durability. The amazing transparency of the 2028 allows engineers to spend their time shaping the sound experience rather than covering up issues caused by artifacts. In fact, the 2028 needs no (or very little) EQ to keep the vocals pure and in focus.
The 2028 sports a supercardioid capsule with the famously flat DPA off-axis response. This gives the microphone a very high gain-before-feedback and at the same time makes it so much easier to handle bleed from other instruments at close proximity. The 2028 picks up these off-axis sounds in the most natural way possible.
The 2028 can handle up to 139dB SPL before 1 percent THD is reached, and the maximum SPL (for 10 percent THD) is reached at a whopping 160dB SPL peak. With that much headroom, the 2028 can be used for any genre.
When we reviewed the 2028 in the October 2019 issue of Sound On Sound, we heard all these qualities first hand: “Whisper-quiet passages were clear and articulate, and choruses delivered quadruple-forte never became shrill or piercing. On stage, meanwhile, the 2028’s effortlessly natural presentation allowed good singers to maintain the sort of intimate connection to an audience that is the hallmark of an enjoyable gig.”
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning one of these amazing microphones, simply answer the questions on the right, dream up a tiebreaker, and submit your entry by Friday 31 December 2021. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by DPA Microphones.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Tony B of Paris, France.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, DPA Microphones, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.