AMERICAS-ONLY: Enter now for your chance to win a pair of Focal Clear Mg Professional headphones, worth $1499!
Founded in Saint-Étienne in 1979, French speaker manufacturers Focal have earned a reputation for high‑quality sound reproduction through a combination of solid engineering and innovative use of materials. Their products span the worlds of hi-fi, studio and automotive loudspeakers and, more recently, headphones.
The company’s debut pair, the Spirit Professional, were an instant hit on their launch in 2014, combining excellent isolation and comfort with a revealing, open sound that made them ideal for both tracking and mixing. They soon followed up with an open‑backed design, the Clear Professional, a premium set of headphones suitable for even the most critical mixing and mastering roles.
Up for grabs in this exclusive SOS competition is the Clear Mg Professional, the latest evolution in Focal’s studio headphone design. The innovation here is in the use of pure magnesium for the all‑important driver — in this case, a 40mm inverted‑dome type with an ‘M’‑shaped profile. This combination of material and construction yields a super‑fast response and faithful reproduction of transients, while minimising distortion. And as with Focal’s previous headphones, comfort hasn’t been neglected: the headband has been specially designed to maintain even weight distribution, and incorporates memory foam for a consistent fit, making the Clear Mg Professional ideal for longer mixing and mastering sessions.
This combination of material and construction yields a super‑fast response and faithful reproduction of transients, while minimising distortion.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic set of headphones all you need to do is answer all the questions, including the tie-breaker, by Friday 3rd November 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Focal.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older and live in the Americas.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Joe P, San Francisco.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 18 months.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Focal and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and country will be made available upon request.