Enter now for your chance to win this Focusrite audio interface + mic pre expander bundle, worth a combined £1150$1300!
There’s a noble studio tradition of using things in ways their designers never foresaw. Sometimes the unintended uses end up being more popular than the intended ones, and in those terms the Alesis Digital Audio Tape (ADAT) Lightpipe format is right up there with Pfizer’s fortifying heart medication.
Originally devised as a means of transferring audio from one eight-track machine to another, ADAT Lightpipe is now common on all kinds of studio gear, and Focusrite were one of the first companies to recognise its potential as a convenient means of adding analogue I/O to audio interfaces. Their original OctoPre, released in 2002, set the standard for an entire category of studio gear, and their current range of ‘ADAT expanders’ still bears the name of that innovative preamp and converter.
To mark the 20th anniversary of the OctoPre, we’ve teamed up with Focusrite to offer you the chance to win a shining example of the power of ADAT. The Clarett+ 2Pre is a compact USB audio interface, boasting two premium Focusrite preamps, a powerful and transparent headphone amp, four stereo line outputs and MIDI I/O. It’s perfect for recording singer‑songwriters, podcasts and overdubs — and, thanks to its ADAT input, you can pair it with the brand‑new Clarett+ OctoPre 8-channel preamp/converter, turning the Clarett+ 2Pre into a multichannel tracking powerhouse. Use the combination to record a gig, and then mix it on the train home using just your 2Pre and a laptop. Or throw the 2Pre in a backpack for location recording, and then plumb it into your OctoPre rack when you get home! The possibilities are endless, and offer the best of both worlds in terms of portability and channel count.
Or throw the 2Pre in a backpack for location recording, and then plumb it into your OctoPre rack when you get home!
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize bundle, simply answer the questions, including the tie‑breaker, by Friday 7th October 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Focusrite.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Tony B. of Surrey, UK.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of Focusrite Group, SOS Publications Group, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.