Enter now for your chance to win a Focusrite ISA 428 MkII preamp, worth £2099$2000!
Few preamp designs can boast a history as illustrious as that of the Focusrite Input Signal Amplifier, or ISA. The original ISA 110 preamp module was designed by none other than Rupert Neve, as part of a console specially commissioned by Sir George Martin for his then-new venture, AIR Montserrat, in 1985. Shortly thereafter it found its way into the coveted Focusrite Forte console, and has since been re-released in a variety of formats.
For this month’s exclusive SOS competition, we’ve teamed up with Focusrite to offer you the chance to win one of the ISA preamp’s latest incarnations: the ISA 428 MkII. Boasting no fewer than four ISA mic amps in a 2U rack, the 428 MkII uses exactly the same circuitry and Lundahl input transformers that gave the original its sound. But it also incorporates a number of conveniences that make it ideal for both studio and location recording.
Each input channel has its own front-panel DI socket, so you can capture instruments without disconnecting your mics. Every channel also features a high-pass filter, variable from 16 to 420 Hz, while switchable input impedances mean the ISA 428 MkII will work perfectly with any mic, from a vintage ribbon to a modern transformerless capacitor. Stepped gain controls with variable trim make it easy to set exactly the right amount of gain.
Round the back, in addition to the expected mic inputs and line outs, you’ll find additional line inputs, plus balanced insert sends and returns. There’s also a slot for an optional digital expansion card, which endows the ISA 428 MkII with ADAT, Dante and AES3 connectivity.
Finally, as you’d expect from a Rupert Neve design, the specs are exemplary, with up to 80dB of gain, a huge signal-to-noise ratio of 123dB, and a frequency response that extends all the way up to 94kHz for the mic inputs.
As you’d expect from a Ruper Neve design, the specs are exemplary...
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer all the questions by Friday 6th October 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Focusrite.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. David S, London.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 18 months.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Focusrite and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and country will be made available upon request.