Fantastic chance to Win Focusrite Red 4Pre & RedNet X2P worth £1692$1600
Here at Sound On Sound we’ve long been interested in the benefits of audio‑over‑IP. To quote a July 2017 article: “An interface and a computer can easily become 10 interfaces and a computer for recording an orchestra, or 10 computers and an interface running a massive plug‑in farm, and adding anything from a power amp to a mixing desk is just a matter of plugging it into a network switch.”
So, whether it’s post-production in Hollywood, on tour with some of the world’s most popular artists, or streamlining workflow in large recording studios, AoIP is here to stay and is fast becoming a great solution for even small studios to reduce cabling, whilst importantly keeping your setup incredibly scalable.
This month, we’re giving you the chance to start your AoIP, Dante and Focusrite journey by winning a Red 4Pre and RedNet X2P.
Focusrite’s 58‑in, 64‑out Red 4Pre includes Thunderbolt 2 connectivity for their lowest round‑trip latency, in whatever DAW you use, allowing you to track and overdub with your preferred plug‑ins and effects in real time, simplifying your workflow. You can also drop the Red 4Pre immediately, directly and seamlessly into any Pro Tools HD system, or use it with existing Avid interfaces, thanks to its twin DigiLink connectors. As well as that, Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports allow daisy‑chaining of additional components such as hard drives and displays.
Along with this unparalleled connectivity, the Red 4Pre enables network audio right out of the box, with dual Ethernet ports for Dante audio‑over‑IP networking, letting you expand your recording capability over Ethernet for up to 64 additional channels anywhere on your network, with low latency — and lower cost. Additional Red or other Dante‑compatible components can be connected to the Ethernet ports of the Red 4Pre to provide additional channels irrespective of the interface used to drive the Red 4Pre.
The other part to the Focusrite prize bundle is the RedNet X2P, a compact, portable and robust 2x2 Dante audio interface featuring two Red Evolution mic pres, stereo line out and a stereo headphone amp. RedNet X2P allows you to effortlessly add a high‑quality Dante audio interface by integrating power, audio, clock and remote control over a single Ethernet cable — simply use a power‑over‑Ethernet switch or PoE injector. A local input mixer allows ‘more me’ monitoring control, while a control lockout mode ensures settings can’t be changed when used remotely.
To be in with a chance of winning this amazing AoIP bundle, enter here on our website by the closing date of 5th November 2018. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Focusrite.
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Focusrite and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.