Win this pair of superb Genelec active nearfields and GLM (speaker management) Kit, worth €1800. Enter today!
Genelec have always been an innovative speaker company. Founded in Iisalmi, Finland, in 1978, their first ever design was the S30, a three-way, active monitor sporting a ribbon tweeter — a configuration that was practically unheard of at the time but has since become commonplace at the high end of the monitor market. Since then, they’ve made a number of technological advances, such as the Directivity Control Waveguide and their use of non-rectilinear cabinets to minimise edge diffraction — principles first seen in their groundbreaking 1985 monitor, the 1022A, but which persist throughout their current aluminium-cabinet monitor range.
More recently, their The Ones series took advantage of decades of R&D into coaxial driver technology to produce truly point-source three‑way monitors that can be used at nearfield listening positions, while many of their current crop of nearfield studio speakers are designated Smart Active Monitors, meaning they incorporate digital processing to optimise the frequency response, playback level and time-alignment of each monitor in a setup, as well as providing flexible monitor control features.
Up for grabs in this month’s SOS competition is a pair of Genelec’s compact yet powerful active 8330A monitors, plus the company’s GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Management) Kit: a speaker/room-correction system comprising a network hub designed specifically to connect to Genelec’s Smart Active Monitors, and an 8300A calibration microphone for taking response measurements.
Despite its diminutive dimensions, the 8330A boasts a frequency response that extends down to 45Hz (-6dB), and as part of this competition prize the winner will be able to specify the finish to suit his or her own studio, from a choice of classic Genelec grey, slick white (pictured), or the industrial‑chic RAW look (unfinished aluminium). The GLM Kit, meanwhile, lets you take a series of acoustic measurements of the speakers in your own control room, and precisely optimise the 8330A’s performance.
And, as if all that wasn’t enough, Genelec are also kindly offering the winner of this fantastic prize a personal, one-to-one remote installation consultation with one of their monitoring experts — so you’ll be in no doubt that your new Genelec monitors are giving you the absolute best performance they’re capable of.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prizes, all you have to do is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie‑breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 06 August 2021. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Genelec.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Frankie R. of Manchester, UK.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Genelec, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.