Win yourself a fabulous Atlantis FC‑387 multi‑voicing FET studio microphone from Lauten Audio, worth £1419$1999.
The Lauten Audio Atlantis FC‑387 is essentially three distinct vocal microphones packed into a single, hand‑finished brass and ceramic‑coated enclosure. Developed in close collaboration with Grammy Award‑winning Producer/Engineer Fab Dupont, the Atlantis makes picking the right microphone for any voice as easy as flipping a switch. From modern, tight and bright to smoky vintage velvet, the Atlantis offers an analogue abundance of mix-ready sounds in a single microphone.
Three unique signal paths are readily available for effortless and instant sonic selection. The Gentle selection is warm with a vintage feel, ideal for taming bright or abrasive sound sources. The Neutral selection is classy and balanced with a smooth top-end, perfect for acoustic instruments. The Forward selection is bold, present and modern, without ever being harsh — the quintessential sound of modern pop, hip-hop and R&B.
From modern, tight and bright to smoky vintage velvet, the Atlantis offers an analogue abundance of mix-ready sounds in a single microphone.
The capsule of a microphone captures music’s most meaningful moments and converts them into electricity with unforgiving results. Lauten’s precision-crafted 38mm capsule is an original design, and one of the largest microphone capsules in the world — tuned by hand, Lauten say, to capture “the spirit, soul and wonder of a performance with unprecedented authenticity and realism”.
Extending the versatility of the Atlantis is a three-position gain switch. Set to 0dB, the output of the Atlantis is at its default output operating level. The +10dB option is ideal for use with quiet sound sources and consumer-grade audio interfaces where more character from the microphone itself is desired. The -10dB selection is useful when more colour and saturation from a high-end preamp is desired, or when paired with very loud sounds.
Each new Atlantis is designed and crafted in Silicon Valley, California, to last a lifetime — and this month, we’re giving you the chance to win one!
All you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right and submit your entry by Friday 1st May 2020. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Lauten Audio.
More info: www.lautenaudio.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter G of New Orleans, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Lauten Audio, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.