Enter now for your chance to win a superb Lauten Audio LA-320 V2 valve microphone!
Lauten Audio have never been afraid to go their own way when making microphones. Rather than building replicas of classic models, they’ve always opted for new designs that make recording easier, and it’s an approach that has paid off: among their current users are world-famous producers, mixers, and engineers including Darrel Thorp (Foo Fighters, Beck, Radiohead), Greg Wells (Ariana Grande, Ryan Tedder, Katy Perry) and Greg Kurstin (Adele, Sia, Paul McCartney), among many others.
Up for grabs in this exclusive SOS competition is the newly released Lauten Audio LA-320 V2. This ECC83-based valve capacitor mic is hand-soldered with high-resolution, low-distortion polypropyl-ene capacitors, resistors and a vintage‑inspired output transformer, and features Lauten Audio’s newly improved 32mm custom-crafted transducer.
The LA-320 V2 is unique in that it provides a modern valve sound paired with the musical saturation and gentle compression associated with classic signal chains, straight into your audio interface. It is also equipped with two onboard filters for sound shaping at the source. The first is a high-cut filter employing a resistor/capacitor combination that is ideal for taming harsh or overly-bright sounds. When engaged, it creates a tone reminiscent of a well-worn ‘vintage’ tube microphone. The second is an aggressive low-cut circuit designed to eliminate rumble and boominess while also pulling a sound source to the front of a mix. This flexibility makes the LA-320 V2 suitable for everything from vocals and guitar to brass, drums, and much more.
The LA-320 V2 provides a modern valve sound paired with the musical saturation and gentle compression associated with classic signal chains.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic microphone, simply answer the questions shown, including the tie-breaker, by Friday 22 September 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Synthax Audio.
Prizes kindly donated by Lauten Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Sarah K, Manchester.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 18 months.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Lauten Audio, Synthax Audio and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and country will be made available upon request.