Enter now for your chance to win a LEWITT Audio PURE TUBE Studio Set, worth €1299$1299!
LEWITT have never been afraid to innovate. Founded in Austria in 2009, their products are all born out of a fresh take on microphone technology, and nowhere is this mix of old and new better demonstrated than in the brand new PURE TUBE mic.
The PURE TUBE is a professional studio tube microphone optimised for vocal recordings with a new and unique circuit: the signal path is completely free from semiconductors and capacitors, resulting in an ultra-low self-noise of just 7dBA. This makes the PURE TUBE fit for modern productions compared to vintage tube microphones that are usually too noisy for applying heavy compression or multi-layer vocal tracking.
“Since the signal path is completely free from semiconductors and capacitors,” LEWITT say, “the tube can fully perform its magic and add warmth to your vocals”. Said tube is a high-quality ECC82/12AU7 type, and is hand-picked for each microphone to guarantee its premium sound quality. The all-important capsule, meanwhile, is a true condenser type, with a gold-sputtered diaphragm of one inch in diameter. A transformer-based filter perfectly balances the proximity effect and “musically rounds out” the sound, flattering vocals recorded at close distances.
Up for grabs in this exclusive competition is the PURE TUBE Studio Set: a bundle comprising the PURE TUBE mic itself, the power supply, a 7-pin XLR cable, a bespoke shockmount, a magnetically-attached pop filter, a transport bag for the mic, and a rugged carry case to keep it all together.
The signal path is completely free from semiconductors and capacitors, resulting in an ultra-low self-noise of just 7dBA.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this awesome prize, answer the questions on this page and submit your entry by Friday 30th June 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by LEWITT Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Bill N. Wakefield, UK.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 2 Years.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, LEWITT Audio and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and county/state will be made available upon request.