Enter now for your chance to win recording gear from LEWITT Audio, worth £1324$1487!
For this month’s exclusive SOS competition, we’ve teamed up with Vienna-based microphone innovators LEWITT Audio to offer not just one, but three fantastic studio tools.
First up is the LCT 440 PURE. Despite being one of LEWITT’s more affordable offerings, this large-diaphragm cardioid capacitor microphone (shown in the main photo) still bears all the hallmarks of the company’s innovative approach to microphone design, from its stylish looks to its bespoke shockmount and magnetically attaching pop filter. It even employs the same capsule as LEWITT’s high-end designs.
Next we have the LCT 640 TS, a multi-pattern, dual-diaphragm mic with a difference. Unlike most multi‑pattern mics, the LCT 640 TS gives you access to the outputs from both diaphragms independently — meaning you can record sound from both the front and rear of the mic at the same time, and even change the polar pattern after recording. Picked up too much room sound recording acoustic guitar in omnidirectional mode? No problem: just fire up the free Polarizer plug-in in your DAW and change it to cardioid or figure-8!
Finally, the CONNECT 6 takes LEWITT’s novel design approach and applies it to the world of audio interfaces. Its two premium preamps can dish out a massive 72dB of gain if required (enough for even the quietest dynamic mic), while flexible routing and DSP allows for any music or podcast recording workflow, and even includes built-in EQ, compression and Maximiser processing.
Uniquely, the CONNECT 6 features no fewer than three USB ports round the back. One is for connection to a computer, as you’d expect, and the interface can be bus powered so this may be the only connection you need. And for use with mobile devices, there’s a separate USB socket to provide power. Speaking of mobile devices, the third USB port is dedicated to tablets and phones, and you can even use such devices at the same time as connecting to your computer. So, whether you want to pipe your favourite iOS synth into your DAW, or record a phone call as part of a podcast, the CONNECT 6 has you covered.
The Connect 6 takes LEWITT’s novel design approach and applies it to the world of audio interfaces.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning one of these three fantastic prizes, simply answer all the questions on the right, by Friday 1st December 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by LEWITT Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Alf G, Manchester.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 18 months.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, LEWITT Audio and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and country will be made available upon request.