WIN yourself a five-module Malekko Ecosystem, worth $1425!
The Malekko Ecosystem is a total solution for live performance in the Eurorack format, with the unique ability to save and recall presets across multiple modules — and we’re giving away a five-module system to the lucky winner of this SOS competition!
The Varigate 4+ is a four-channel, eight-step sequencer with the option to output both CV (quantised or unquantised) and gates simultaneously. It features 16 preset banks, glide per step, scale options, fine and course tempo adjustment, probability and randomise functions, repeats per step, pulse‑width control and more. It also acts as the system’s master module and clock: connect the Voltage Block, Quad LFO, Quad Envelope and Quad VCA modules to the same power bus within your case and, once you’ve set the parameters of all of these modules to your liking, save a Varigate 4+ preset and all module parameters within the Ecosystem are saved and are now recallable. All of the sequencers included in these modules will sync up with the Varigate 4+ as well.
This combination of control modules with preset capabilities is a serious game-changer in the world of Eurorack. Now let’s talk about the modules included in the ecosystem. With eight independent 16-stage CV sequencers packed with performance features and presets, the Voltage Block is the ultimate CV tool. You can create quantised or unquantised sequences for each output, record your modulation changes, tie sequences together, mute outputs on the fly, randomise your outputs, and so much more. There is a reason this module lives in so many racks around the world; the feature set, for its size, is unparalleled.
The Quad LFO sends control voltage out in the shape of a waveform. Available shapes include sine, ramp, saw, triangle and pulse, and you can morph through these shapes using the Shape slider. You can send these four distinct LFOs directly out to other modules for frequency modulation, VCA control, filter control, and so on. Each LFO includes three speed settings: fast, slow and tempo/clock-based. What makes this Quad LFO module so different is that it also includes a 16-step automation sequencer for each channel. Record your movements between waveforms and level parameters and play them back from the Varigate 4+ master module.
Like the Quad LFO, the Quad Envelope also includes a 16-step automation sequencer for recording envelope parameter changes. Animating an envelope has never been more fun! The Quad Envelope includes four individual AHDSR envelope generators with three speeds, trigger, gate, loop or gate/loop settings, tempo-sync and more.
The Quad VCA is an advanced four-channel, voltage‑controlled amplifier with an analogue signal path. Each individual channel includes an audio or CV input, output, bi-polar CV inputs for modulation, and mutes. It also includes Scan Mode and a mix output.
Ecosystem's ability to recall presets for multiple modules in your Eurorack system at once is truly unique.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer the questions shown and submit your entry here by Friday 06 December 2019. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Malekko Heavy Industry.
More info: https://malekkoheavyindustry.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter J of New York, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Malekko Heavy Industry, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The name and county/state of the winning entrant(s) will be made available upon request.