Up for grabs in this exclusive SOS competition is a pair of the stunning new PMC6 monitors (worth £5010$5500).
PMC, the Professional Monitor Company, have been at the forefront of studio loudspeaker innovation for a remarkable 30 years. Over that time, they’ve produced a huge range of speakers, both large and small, and their monitors can be found in some of the most prestigious studios and mastering houses in the world.
The company’s latest generation of active reference nearfield and midfield monitors and subs take monitoring to the next level. They deliver a forensic level of detail that allows you to work faster, without fatigue and with complete confidence, knowing that your finished mix will translate technically and emotionally anywhere.
Every cutting-edge element of their new ground-up design has been created for the highest possible resolution with the lowest possible coloration, so they are packed with innovation such as all-new drivers, powerful Class-D amps, and PMC’s latest ATL (Advanced Transmission Line) bass-loading and Laminair airflow technologies.
In addition to their outstanding electro-acoustic credentials, the new range includes a powerful DSP engine, which not only handles crossover duties, but also allows you to optimise the speaker’s performance in your studio. This DSP can be adjusted using a menu and screen system on the back of each speaker, or via PMC’s new SoundAlign browser‑based interface — so you can precisely tune your speaker’s frequency response, as well as boundary compensation options, from your DAW or even a mobile device.
With 20mm of excursion, the bespoke 6-inch bass driver easily outperforms most 8-inch monitors...
Up for grabs in this month’s exclusive SOS competition is a pair of the new PMC6 monitors, worth over £5000! The PMC6 is ideal for smaller control rooms or for use in larger immersive systems, where its astounding resolution allows critical mix decisions to be made with absolute confidence.
With 20mm of excursion, the bespoke 6-inch bass driver easily outperforms most 8-inch monitors, offering unparalleled bass extension, headroom, dynamics, and low distortion at all levels. The high end is courtesy of a one-inch, precision-built fabric soft-dome tweeter, with a shallow waveguide that creates wide, tonally consistent dispersion and rock-solid imaging. Both the bass and treble drivers are precisely and individually controlled by a pair of 200W ultra-low-distortion, high-damping-factor Class-D amplifiers.
Whether in portrait or landscape placement, the PMC6’s sophisticated DSP engine automatically adjusts the crossover, ensuring optimum tonal accuracy, phase linearity and stereo imaging.
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic pair of studio monitors, simply answer the questions on the right, dream up a tiebreaker answer, and submit your entry by Friday 04 March 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by PMC.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Tony B of Paris, France.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, PMC, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.