Win yourself a top-class RNT mic, sE's new flagship tube microphone. Prizes worth over £2899$2499.
The RNT is the third microphone to come out of a long-standing collaboration between sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs, founded by the legendary audio designer Mr Rupert Neve. Much like the RNR1 active ribbon and RN17 small-diaphragm capacitor mic, the RNT is something truly special, developed over several years of careful listening and measurement by Mr Rupert Neve, sE Electronics founder Mr Siwei Zou, and the engineering teams from both Rupert Neve Designs and sE. All in all, this new flagship tube microphone brings the larger-than-life sounds of classic studio microphones into the modern age with greater depth and clarity than ever before.
The RNT employs fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. The first stage is valve-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box — which also controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching — and is built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs’ flagship 5088 recording console, known worldwide for its unrivaled transparency and headroom. This second stage is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer.
The custom, hand‑crafted large‑diaphragm capacitor capsule is sE’s finest capsule yet, born out of years of rigorous testing and listening...
The custom, hand‑crafted large‑diaphragm capacitor capsule is sE’s finest capsule yet, born out of years of rigorous testing and listening, and developed and constructed by hand in sE’s own factory. The Class-A electronics, extremely low-noise components and switchable gain ensure a massive dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability, and the switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise. Lastly, the nine-position polar pattern switch allows for omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 pickup patterns — and several positions in between — for precise tailoring of the balance between direct and ambient sound when recording with the RNT.
Reliable operation is ensured by the sturdy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards. A high-quality metal case is also included.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer the questions and submit your entry here by Friday 06 September 2019. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by sE Electronics.
the small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, sE Electronics, Rupert Neve Designs and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winner’s name and county/state will be made available upon request.