Fantastic chance to WIN Sonarworks Reference 4 Premium Bundle worth £1900$2100
Accurate sound from studio monitors or headphones is of utmost importance for making the right mixing decisions. Sonarworks Reference 4 software removes unwanted colouration and delivers the same accurate studio reference sound on all speakers and headphones.
This month, we’re delighted to be giving away three Sonarworks Reference 4 Premium Bundles, each worth $699£635. These include speaker measurement software, the DAW plug-in and the Systemwide software for applying calibration to all outgoing audio. Crucially, the Premium Bundle also includes a pair of Sennheiser HD650 studio headphones with their own custom-tailored calibration profile, and a measurement microphone for setting up your monitoring system.
With Reference 4, Sonarworks engineers have created a sonic standard: Sonarworks SR (Studio Reference), which compensates for the innate differences between listening systems. The digital technology includes a solution for measuring the speakers and headphones as well as a sound processing engine for correcting the audio signal, ensuring that the listeners hear accurate sound free from all unwanted coloration, no matter what speakers or headphones they use. The result is unprecedented accuracy (+/- 0.9dB) among different locations, playback devices and users. The Sonarworks SR standard sets the frequency response target to be completely neutral for speaker-based playback systems, ie. a flat frequency response curve across all audible frequencies, as perceived by the listener in the listening position. The headphone frequency response target, meanwhile, is designed to emulate neutral-sounding speakers.
Reference 4 was designed to circumvent acoustical problems and other monitoring issues in a recording studio by making compensating adjustments to the signal that comes out of studio monitors. With the introduction of the Sonarworks SR standard the company aims to solve the translation problem at its core (listeners hear exactly what the artist intended).
Sonarworks has been endorsed by many Grammy award-winning mixing and mastering engineers, has won four prominent industry awards and was used during the Rio Olympic Games.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these masterful monitoring prizes, enter here on the Sound On Sound website before 07 December 2018. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Sonarworks
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Sonarworks and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.