Fantastic chance to WIN Sound Devices MixPre‑3M & MixPre‑6M worth £2670$2530
This month, we’re thrilled to be giving away two multitrack recorder bundles for musicians made by hardware recording experts Sound Devices. The MixPre‑3M and MixPre‑6M (pictured) use the same physical hardware as the MixPre‑3 and MixPre‑6 location recorders reviewed in November 2017, but have been given a massive DSP overhaul to enable proper multitrack operations such as overdubbing and bounce‑downs, as well as a high‑quality stereo reverb and a vocal Air‑EQ effect. Technical Editor Hugh Robjohns was rather taken with the largest recorder in the series, the MixPre‑10M, in his SOS July 2018 review, praising its “superb sound quality and rugged construction”.
The design ethos was to provide a high‑quality, but easy‑to‑use and entirely self‑contained recording/mixing system specifically for musicians and singer‑songwriters, avoiding all the distractions and complications associated with computer‑based workstations, while still retaining the ability to fit conventional DAW post‑production workflows when required.
To that end, the recorders feature Sound Devices’ superb Kashmir preamps — three on the MixPre‑3M and four on the 6M — in addition to a 3.5mm, two‑channel aux/mic input, stereo output, headphone output and touchscreen interface. Featuring a digital patchbay, any of the physical inputs, including USB, can be conveniently routed to any track, eliminating the need to plug and re‑plug inputs just to record to a different track. Even the internal metronome can be recorded, which is ideal for backing tracks.
The M‑Series’ musician‑friendly, touchscreen interface lets musicians record quickly, and after laying and overdubbing tracks, you can mix using dedicated knobs to control levels, pans, solos, and mutes. You can then render recordings for uploading to social media, sharing with band members or exporting to a DAW for further production.
On all of the M‑Series, up to 12 tracks can be recorded, and they also double as fully class‑compliant USB interfaces with Mac platforms, and via a downloadable ASIO driver for Windows platforms.
We’re not just giving away these great recorders, though. We also have a super bundle of accessories for each winner so you can be up and running immediately. These include a swappable, rechargeable battery, a charger, power supply, 32GB SD card, adjustable mounting base, USB‑A/C cable for connecting to a computer and bus power, and the CS‑Man padded carry/storage case with handles.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these bundles, submit your entry form before 7th October 2018. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Sound Devices
Audio Ltd +44 (0)1494 511711
+1 608 524 0625.
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Sound Devices, Audio Ltd and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.