Enter now for your chance to win the Hans Zimmer Collection of sound libraries from Spitfire Audio, worth £1846$2096!
Spitfire Audio and LABS have recorded and released over 170 sample libraries, including collaborations with some of the biggest names in media composition, among them Hans Zimmer, Eric Whitacre, Ólafur Arnalds and the London Contemporary Orchestra. Spitfire Audio sounds are heard in everything, from major Hollywood film scores to recordings by Radiohead and U2.
For this month's exclusive SOS online competition, we're teaming up with Spitfire Audio to give you the chance to win an incredible range of libraries produced in collaboration with one of the world's most successful, influential and prolific film composers, Hans Zimmer. The prize bundle includes no fewer than four separate titles:
- Hans Zimmer Strings
- Hans Zimmer Percussion Professional
- Hans Zimmer Piano
- Hans Zimmer Drums
As with many of Hans Zimmer's scores, these libraries were recorded in Lyndhurst Hall at AIR Studios via an impressive signal chain: rarefied microphones into Neve Montserrat preamps, into the world's biggest Neve 88R desk (which was exhaustively re-gained at every dynamic layer for optimum signal quality), via a dual signal chain to HDX and Prism converters running at 192kHz.
The dedicated string library comprises 344 players performing an unconventional range of playing techniques, captured with up to 26 mic positions. The Hans Zimmer range sees additional mixes, performances and mic positions from Junkie XL, Jason Bonham, Geoff Foster, Alan Meyerson and Steve Lipson.
As with many of Hans Zimmer's scores, these libraries were recorded in Lyndhurst Hall at AIR Studios via an impressive signal chain...
How To Enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize bundle, simply answer the questions, including the tie‑breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 10th March 2023. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Spitfire Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name, last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Wolfgang M, Vienna.
- In submitting your entry, if you win, you agree NOT TO RESELL the Prize(s) within 2 Years.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Spitfire Audio and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the Prize Donors wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrant(s) name and county/state will be made available upon request.