Finding the perfect tone has never been easier with the superb Torpedo Captor X from Two notes! And this month we have two up for grabs (prizes worth £938$1098).
Recording your guitar amp in a great‑sounding room, with perfectly matched speaker cabinets and microphones, is a truly joyous and unparalleled experience — but it’s not always practical. French guitar tone specialists Two notes have made it their mission to combine premium tube-amp tone with the convenience of a DI output. They describe the Torpedo Captor X as “your tube amp’s best friend”, giving you access to premium amp and cab tones in any environment.
Its high-quality reactive load/attenuator allows you to play your amp at its sweet spot, with full control over the output volume, while its advanced speaker cabinet simulator applies Two notes’ proprietary ‘DynIR’ technology to provide you with 32 virtual cabinets. And with over 400 more DynIR profiles available from the Two notes store, finding the perfect tone has never been easier.
The Captor X [reviewed in SOS August 2020] has two outputs, which you can configure as either a wet/dry split or as a stereo pair. The latter option is ideal for use with its 12 included stereo reverbs, or the Twin Tracker automatic double-tracking processor, and there’s a full selection of studio-grade effects included too, plus a noise gate, enhancer, semi‑parametric EQ, and a global voicing control.
The Captor X even has the ability to store up to 512 regular ‘static’ impulse responses, so you can load it up with your own impulse response collection.
Controllable from your phone or tablet via the Torpedo Remote app, the Two notes Torpedo Captor X is the perfect compact tool to make your playing life as easy as possible.
Its high-quality reactive load/attenuator allows you to play your amp at its sweet spot, with full control over the output volume...
The Prize Bundle
For this month’s SOS competition, Two notes are kindly giving away not just one, but two prizes, with a combined value of £938$1098. There are one each of the 8Ω and 16Ω versions of the Captor X up for grabs this month — just state your preference if you are lucky enough to win.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, all you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie-breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 01 October 2021. Bon chance!
Prizes kindly donated by Two notes Audio Engineering.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter G of Tokyo, Japan.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Two notes Audio Engineering, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.