Your chance to win Vicoustic's all-in-one home studio treatment pack, worth £1296$2080.
While it’s always tempting to spend your studio upgrade fund on shiny microphones, light-up racks and whizz-bang software, it’s no exaggeration to say that the single biggest improvement you can ever make to your setup is acoustic treatment. And that’s a drum that Portuguese acoustics experts Vicoustic have been banging since their founding in 2007, since when they’ve developed a huge range of absorbers, diffusers and more.
For this month’s SOS competition, we’ve teamed up with Vicoustic to give away not one, but two of their latest all-in-one home studio treatment packs. The VicStudio Box combines eight of the company’s hugely popular Wavewood Ultra Lite acoustic absorbers with two Multifuser DC2 diffusion panels and two tubes of Flexi Glue adhesive to adhere the panels to your studio walls. It’s an affordable but attractive kit that promises to turn any room into a professional-looking and sounding studio space.
The Wavewood Ultra Lite panels (visible just behind the guitars on the left and right of the main photo) feature the stylish and distinctive slots that have made Vicoustic panels recognisable the world over. The scratch-resistant front panels come in a range of different colours or wood-effect finishes to match your decor, and are backed with an acoustic polyurethane foam — a construction that yields maximum absorption in the troublesome 500-600 Hz range.
The Vicoustic Multifuser DC2 panels (the white panels to the extreme edges of the photo) are made from high-quality expanded polystyrene, and provide effective diffusion, or scattering, of wall reflections, allowing a room to remain bright-sounding while eliminating deleterious flutter echoes.
For more temporary installations, all these panels can be hung on a wall just as you’d hang a painting, but the supplied Flexi Glue will help keep them locked in place for more permanent applications.
It’s an affordable but attractive kit that promises to turn any room into a professional-looking and sounding studio space.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these fantastic acoustic treatment bundles, all you have to do is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie‑breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 04 December 2020. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Source Distribution.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Steve H of Nantes, France.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Vicoustic, Source Distribution, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.