Enter today for your chance to win a superb Virtual Studio from SSL, worth £3000$3880.
Oxford console dons SSL know a thing or two about mixing records. Since their founding in 1969 (originally as a manufacturer of control systems for pipe organs!), they’ve made some of the most iconic recording consoles of all time, including the legendary 4000 series, whose preamps, EQs and bus compressor have been much imitated in both hardware and software. More recently they’ve branched out into rackmount processors, audio interfaces and DAW control surfaces.
For this month’s exclusive SOS competition, we’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win a fabulous bundle of SSL hardware and software, including the UC1 plug-in controller and not one but two UF8 fader surfaces. Sporting eight motorised, touch-sensitive faders, eight high‑resolution parameter displays, and an endless encoder on each strip, the UF8 lets you get truly hands‑on with your DAW. Everything from setting up aux mixes and writing automation to transport control and plug-in editing can be done from its spacious top panel. And since it uses the established MCU and HUI protocols, it supports every major DAW. Indeed, the UF8 can work with up to three DAWs simultaneously.
The UC1, meanwhile, is SSL’s comprehensive channel-strip controller. Designed to work with their own Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins, it boasts a complete knob-per-function layout, for an authentic analogue mixing experience. Sweep EQ frequencies, adjust high- and low-pass filters, set up your channel compressors, and even solo your sidechain signals — for routine channel processing, you need never look to your mouse again. Perhaps even better, the Bus Compressor section even includes a proper moving-coil gain-reduction meter, to help you get just the right amount of ‘bounce’ on your mix glue.
The software side of this prize bundle is no less impressive. Included is SSL 360 Plug-in Mixer, which provides instant access to every SSL plug-in in your current DAW project, in an intuitive console GUI — you’ll never get lost in your DAW’s mixer views and plug-in menus again.
Finally, this month’s lucky winner will also receive a free one‑year subscription to SSL’s Complete plug-in collection, which includes classic processors such as the famed Listen Mic Compressor, as well as cutting‑edge plug-ins like the acclaimed FlexVerb and X‑Limit.
...the UF8 lets you get truly hands‑on with your DAW.
How To Enter
For your chance to win this incredible virtual SSL studio, simply answer the questions by Friday 2nd December 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Solid State Logic.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Armando G, Italy.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Solid State Logic, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.