Need more bass response from your monitors? Here's your chance to bag a superb pair of HS7 active monitors plus the HS8S subwoofer (prize bundle worth £1,026$1,050), courtesy of Yamaha Pro Audio.
Yamaha ought to know a thing or two about making monitors. They’ve been making them since the ‘70s, after all, and are responsible for one of the most revered studio monitors of all time: the NS10, released in 1978.
Apart from the white cone, however, their HS series is a very different beast. While the NS10 was most often used as a secondary reference monitor, owing to its bass-light reproduction and forward midrange, the HS series have been designed to be the only monitor you’ll need.
The HS7 is based around a 6.5-inch woofer and a 1-inch dome tweeter, powered by 75 and 45 Watts, respectively. Built into a rigid, ported MDF cabinet, the whole assembly boasts an impressive 43Hz-30kHz (-10dB) frequency response, which on its own should easily fill out all but the most capacious control rooms.
The HS series have been designed to be the only monitor you’ll need.
Reaching down even further, the HS8S subwoofer employs an 8-inch cone powered by a 150W amp to extend the system’s total response right down to 22Hz. What’s more, integrating the HS7 and subwoofer is a breeze, thanks to the HS8S’s reversable polarity and variable low- and high-pass filters. The HS7 isn’t short of user control either, with its ±2dB adjustment of HF sensitivity and a three-position switch to optimise its performance according to room placement.
To be in with a chance of winning this powerful monitoring setup, all you have to do is visit the URL shown, and answer the questions there, by 13th September 2021. Good luck!!
The Prize Bundle
For this month’s exclusive online SOS competition, we’re giving you the chance to win not only a pair of HS7 active monitors, but also the matching HS8S active subwoofer, giving you the kind of low-end extension that the NS10 could only ever dream about.
To be in with a chance of winning this powerful monitoring setup, all you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie-breaker, and submit your entry by Monday 20 September 2021. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Yamaha.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Bill N. of London, UK.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Yamaha, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.